Skip to main content

Funding Your Studies

Funding options often vary depending on if you are a home or overseas student.   

Research Council Awards

If you are a home fee-paying student you may be able to access funding from one of the seven UK Research Councils.
Durham City Centre

SLC Masters Loan

If you live in England and are applying for an MPhil or MA/MSc by Research you may be eligible for a UK Government Masters Loan.
A bustling corridor in the Business School

SLC Doctoral Loan

If you live in England and are applying for a PhD then you may be eligible for a UK Government Doctoral Loan.

Overseas Students

There are a number of funding sources that you can apply to for help with the cost of course fees and living expenses.
Three International Students walking through a building