Skip to main content

Government Funding

UK applicants

Eligible UK students can apply for a tuition fee loan to cover tuition fee costs and a maintenance loan to help with living costs. A tuition fee loan covers the full tuition fee and is paid directly to the University, meaning you don’t have to pay your fees upfront or while your studying.   

A Maintenance Loan from the Government will help you with living costs. How much you’ll get depends on your household income.  

You apply to one of the following, depending on where you live: 

Loans need to be re-paid, but not until the April after your graduate, only when you are earning over £25,000 a year, and only in affordable instalments (not all at once). 

You don’t have to take out a tuition fee loan or maintenance loan if you don’t want to. If you would prefer you can pay your fees directly to the university. 

You may be able to access additional funding if you have adult dependents, children, have a disability, or come from a low-income household. More information is available from the organisation relevant to the country where you live. 

The university also has a range of scholarships you can apply for.

EU applicants

If you are an EU student benefitting from Citizens’ Rights under the EU Withdrawal Agreement, EEA EFTA Separation Agreement or Swiss Citizens’ Rights Agreement respectively or are a citizen of the Irish Republic then you can find information on available support on the GOV.UK website. 

International applicants

As an international student, you are responsible for paying your tuition fees and accommodation costs on arrival at the university. You will be given an invoice which will tell you the date you need to make payment by. Direct debit is our preferred payment method, but you can also pay by credit card, cheque, bankers draft or bank transfer.