Skip to main content

Financial Support

If you are registered on a Common Awards programme, you may be eligible to receive statutory support, including loans, from Student Finance England (and equivalents in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland). Student Finance England and equivalent bodies do not consider you a Durham University student for statutory support purposes. You should not apply for support as a Durham University student. If you do apply for support as a Durham University student by mistake please contact Financial Support. 

If you apply for financial support you should do so as a student of your theological education institution. This means that to be eligible for support you need to be studying at an institution whose delivery of Common Awards programmes has been “designated” for statutory support under the Education (Student Support) Regulations 2011. Your institution will be able to tell you whether or not they have this designation. 

If you are training for ministry specific forms of financial support may be available from the Church or organisation you are training with. You should contact your institution for further advice.